We do have some limitations on joining. In order to be eligible for the Fellowship you must:
- be living within the UK
- be aged 30 or under
- not be currently running your own tech startup full-time
We select cohorts of 75 people, every 6 months via a rigorous 3-step application process.
- If you are selected to be a Founders of the Future Fellow, you will receive an acceptance email. In this email you will be asked to complete your onboarding checklist and not to share the news that you are a fellow until the official announcement on the day of the following Founders of the Future event. This event will be our Social Mixer #13 on Wednesday 27th May 2020 for the M20 cohort (This event will be done online on this day if the covid-19 situation still doesn’t allow us to organise physical events). Completing the onboarding checklist will consist in filling in the onboarding survey and completing your fellow profile which will inform the fellowship directory, enable us to do your official introduction in the Fellowship private slack channel and understand how we can best assist you during the 2 years.
- 2 years after joining, you will become an alumni of the community. You will be asked to fill in an offboarding survey so that we can understand how you benefited from the Fellowship and how we can improve it. You will still have access to some of the Founders of the Future events and will be encouraged to organise events between alumni.
- On joining, we will give you access to the exclusive Fellowship slack channel. This channel, which will only be for the fellows, will be the central place for online community engagement and communication. The Founders of the Future team will be facilitating it but we are relying on the fellows themselves to keep this place engaged and make the most out of it.
- In addition to the online community, there will be regular events in order to engage the community and give you the opportunity to meet the Fellows in person. This will be a mix of Fellow-only events and events with the wider Founders of the Future.
To apply for the Founders of the Future Fellowship, please apply here.
The Application process has 3 stages. Please see details and date for each stage below:
Applications for applying to the N20 Cohort open 08/07/2020 9:30AM (UK time)
Stage 1: Eligibility form
- you will be informed within 1 week from the date of your submission
- 1st stage applications close: 09/10/2020
Stage 2: Motivation and achievements form
- If you are accepted, you will receive an email with 2 open questions and an online form to submit your answers to (must be filled within 1 week of receipt)
- Once you have submitted the application we will answer you within 3 weeks
- 2nd stage applications close 23/10/20
Stage 3: Video submission:
- If you are accepted, you will receive an email with 2 questions and a form to upload your answers in video format (questions and guidance will be sent in advance for this submission.)
- Announcement of 3rd round results, dependent on submission time:
- 1st Announcement: 28/09/20 (If application is submitted by 18/09/20)
- 2nd Announcement: 26/10/20 (If application is submitted by 16/10/20)
- Final Announcement: 09/11/20 (3rd round applications close 30/10/20)
Announcement of the November 2020 (N20) cohort of fellows:
- The official launch of the N20 cohort will take place during our Launchpad Weekend on 20/11/20 – 22/11/20
It does not cost anything to be apart of the Fellowship. However, there are community engagement rules all fellows must adhere to (see below FAQ question).
A community is only as engaged as the members that form it.
This is why we have some rules to respect in order to remain a fellow:
- complete your onboarding checklist within a month of joining
- Event attendance
- Attend at least one of the 2 annual Launchpad Weekends
- Attend at least one physical event every 6 months
- Online activity
- Be active online at least once every 2 months
- Do not share the Fellowship directory with external parties
Non respect of those rules could mean the loss of your Founders of the Future Fellow status.
The benefits of being a Fellow with Founders of the Future:
- Linkedin Badge “Founders of the Future Fellow”
- Listing in the official Fellowship directory
- Access to the Fellowship directory
- Access to the fellow-only slack channel
- Priority invitation to Founders of the Future events
- Calls with the Founders of the Future team
- Call with a Founders Forum Family expert to discuss your startup idea (*)
- Meeting with a VC partner (*)
- Introduction to relevant VC partners if you are actively raising funding (*)
- Introduction to at least 3 relevant tech founders in your field (after discussing with you who might be the most relevant people for you that we have access to) (*)
- Feature on the Founders of the Future public Newsletter (*)
- Opportunity to pitch your startup at the annual Founders of the Future Forum (*)
(*) Those benefits are unlocked once you reach certain Milestones throughout the fellowship
You don’t need to have a startup idea to apply for the Fellowship. What we are looking for are talented entrepreneurial individuals who have the strong intention to start a tech startup within the next two years. It is possible that people in this situation already have a startup idea but it is not what we are looking for. We will be focusing on your past achievements that indicates entrepreneurial behaviours and intent to start a tech startup in the near future.
If you are currently running your own tech startup full-time, you are unfortunately not eligible to apply for the fellowship. However, we’ve seen many cases where people are already running a tech startups but not full-time. They do it alongside a full-time job, consulting or freelance work as they are not yet at the point where they have enough validation or financial means to run their startup full time. If this is your current situation and you have strong intention of running this startup full-time in the near future, we’d love for you to apply.
Once we have launched the N20 Cohort in November 2020, we will have a total of 225 people within The Fellowship. We will continue to welcome new cohorts of 75 fellows on a rolling basis every six months.
Yes you can and we would be very grateful if you do. You can find the referral link here.