There are two aspects of the Community, each with the following eligibility requirements:
- be living within the UK
- be aged 30 or under
- not be currently running your own tech startup full-time
Our Community spans a range of backgrounds, bringing a host of diverse experiences and a variety of perspectives. What unites them is the desire to connect with other Founders, learn from each other and build businesses that will change the world for the better.
- If you are selected to be a Founders of the Future Community Member, you will receive an acceptance email. In this email you will be asked to complete your onboarding checklist and not to share the news that you are a member until the official announcement on the day of the following Founders of the Future event. Completing the onboarding checklist will consist in filling in the onboarding survey and completing your profile which will inform the community directory, enable us to do your official introduction in the Community slack channel.
- On joining, we will give you access to the exclusive Fellowship slack channel. This channel, which will only be for the fellows, will be the central place for online community engagement and communication. The Founders of the Future team will be facilitating it but we are relying on the community members themselves to keep this place engaged and make the most out of it.
- In addition to the online community, there will be regular events in order to engage the community and give you the opportunity to meet the members in person.
There are two pathways to joining the Community:
The Invited Route
- If you have participated in one of our competitions or partner programmes and have been identified as promising, you may receive an invite to join from a member of the Founders of the Future team.
The Application Route
- There's no need to wait for an invite! If you think you're a good fit and ready to contribute to the Community, you can apply directly by completing this form. We onboard on a rolling basis and aim to get back within 30 days to let you know whether your application has been successful.
We recruit on a rolling basis and aim to make the process as easy as possible. Simply fill out the application form and we’ll aim to get back to you within 30 days to let you know if you’ve been accepted.
No - our aim is to ensure that the Community is as inclusive and accessible as possible so it is free of charge.
A community is only as engaged as the members that form it.
The Founders of the Future Community relies on the good nature and enthusiasm of it’s members. We encourage people to work together and support each other, even when it doesn’t directly relate to their startup goals.
There are no hard and fast requirements, although we encourage members to join at least 3 Social Mixers per year and actively engage in the Slack channel at least once a month. However, we know life gets in the way especially when you’re building your startups!
We do have Community Guidelines to ensure members are being respectful to each other. Failure to comply with those guidelines will result in loss of your member privileges.
The benefits of being a Founders of the Future Community Member:
- Access to the private Community Slack group
- Announcement in the monthly joiners round up
- VC exposure and relevant introductions
- Priority access to our programme and competitions (e.g. The F Factor)
- Access to the Community Startup Toolkit (coming soon!)
- Personalised LinkedIn badge and profiling
- Features in our newsletter
- Priority invites to Community events and Festivals
- Access to relevant opportunities across the FF Family and partner programmes
You don’t need to have a startup idea to apply to join the Community. What we are looking for are talented entrepreneurial individuals who have the strong intention to start a tech startup within the next two years. It is possible that people in this situation already have a startup idea and that’s fine too. We will be focusing on your past achievements that indicates entrepreneurial behaviours and intent to start a tech startup in the near future.
We focus on quality rather than quantity to ensure that the Community is a place for exceptional individuals. We currently have 300 members and are growing every day!
Yes you can and we would be very grateful if you do. You can find the referral link here.